From: eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lars Vogel
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2014 2:57 PM
To: eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [eclipse-pmc] API change downport in Bug 441367 for the @Message annotation (platform.ui)

Hi,

In Luna we introduced in platform.ui an improved version of the translation service via the @Message annotation.

The annotation allows to define the resource bundle / class via an optional parameter which was unfortunately incorrectly named in Luna.

We fixed that for Mars and deprecated the old parameter. I think it would be good to downport this so that new customers can start using the correction version.

Please review the changes in the Bug and let me know if I can downport it. Risk is minimal IMHO as we still support the old parameter and the API is brand new.

Best regards, Lars

Back to the top