Re: [eclipse-pmc] Eclipse project incubators

Ufacekit can be terminated!

Tom

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 20.02.2014 um 19:03 schrieb Wayne Beaton <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Greetings Eclipse PMC:

The Eclipse project has four incubators:

eclipse.incubator
eclipse.incubator.e4
eclipse.incubator.platform
eclipse.incubator.ufacekit

I believe that eclipse.e4 also operates as an incubator. It looks like all actual incubator activity happens in e4.

AFAICT, only eclipse.e4 and eclipse.ufacekit are actually operational.

There is no UNIX group associated with eclipse.incubator or eclipse.incubator.platform. By extension, neither of these projects have a Git repository or download directory associated with them. AFAICT, there is no website associated with either. The eclipse.incubator.e4 project does have an associated UNIX group, but that group appears to own no resources.

None of these projects have any associated metadata [1,2,3], with one exception. The eclipse.incubator project does have a download URL that points to a page that contains links to the Equinox incubator downloads and a dead link labeled "Platform Incubator Downloads".

Am I missing something?

I'm pretty sure that we can terminate all three of these projects without anybody noticing.

Thoughts, concerns?

What is the status of UFaceKit? Is it still a viable project?

Can I initiate the termination process for these projects?

eclipse.incubator
eclipse.incubator.e4
eclipse.incubator.platform
eclipse.incubator.ufacekit

Thanks,

Wayne

[1] https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/eclipse.incubator
[2] https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/eclipse.incubator.platform
[3] https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/eclipse.incubator.e4
[4] http://eclipse.org/eclipse/incubator/downloads.php
--
Wayne Beaton
Director of Open Source Projects, The Eclipse Foundation