From: eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Wilson
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 10:25 PM
To: eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [eclipse-pmc] Request for a vote to add a new PMC member

Eclipse Project PMC members,

In our regular call this morning Andrew notified us that he was going to step down as a PMC member. The situation is simply that his work role has shifted, and even though we value his insight, he feels that he no longer does enough that is Eclipse related to make his participation relevant.

During that conversation, Andrew recommended that we approach Alexander Kurtakov from Red Hat, as a potential new member, based on his contributions as well as his clear passion for the community. I and the other members of the PMC immediately agreed that he would be an excellent choice, so I contacted him today to see if he would be willing to join us.

I am pleased to report that he indicated that he would, indeed, be happy to contribute in this way, so I am calling for a formal vote to add Alex as a member of the Eclipse Project PMC.

(I, of course, vote +1.)

McQ.

Back to the top