Re: [eclipse-pmc] Target milestones

Hi all,

Thanks for all the clarifications and quick cleanup !

For me as a consumer in this case, I care what goes into Maintenance builds vs Kepler, that’s why the milestones are relevant. It’s good to know that the Platform is still committed (as a whole) to setting target milestones (with exact process differing per team, which is fine).

Regarding the “valid targets”, note that these items went into FIXED state after Sept 2012, so a “Juno M4” or “4.2” milestone is suspicious to me. I guess in most cases the bug got reopened; then if the reason for closing again was that reopen was in error, the milestone is correct. However, if a fix had to be amended, filing a new bug with the correct milestone is appropriate.

I didn’t look into the bugs, just provided the query for now to understand what the policy is.

Thanks again for the quick followup !

Thanks,

Martin

--

Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Architect – Development Tools, Wind River

direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6