Re: [eclipse-pmc] Missing Provider and Plug-in Name for Ant Bundle

I don't think this deserves an Orbit respin. Showing the right name is a good polish item but I don't think it has any legal meaning. From the about dialog I can still open a link to the legal info for the Ant bundle and see the legal file for that bundle (about.html).

Orbit has already declared a release build for Juno, and although it is possible to respin this is pretty disruptive to the rest of the release train project at this point.

John

Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/29/2012 07:21 AM

Please respond to
eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx

"eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx" <eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[eclipse-pmc] Missing Provider and Plug-in Name for Ant Bundle

The Ant bundle is missing the correct plug-in and provider name in the About dialog (see https://bugs.eclipse.org/380880). We need to decide whether this is critical enough to ask for a fix from Orbit.

For me the only reason would be, if we see a legal issue with the missing info.

Dani