Re: [eclipse-pmc] Java 7 on Mac OS X

eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 03/20/2012 03:17:21 PM:

> > The immediate issue for Eclipse, though, is that the means by which
> > it finds the JDK right now will not work with Oracle's JDK 7, and it
> > will also need the ability to find a bundled JRE. We need to make
> > some changes to support it. This will be true for RCP-based apps and
> > Eclipse itself.
> >

> ... we make these changes. You know, it's odd. We've known that
> there were going to be changes required here for a while, and I
> actually *thought* we had already made them. Maybe it was just for
> launching apps from within Eclipse and not for the launcher itself.
> Bogdan/Michael, do you remember anything like that, or am I just smoking...?

We made changes in the launcher to support Oracle Java 7 in general, but that was only Windows and Linux because Oracle didn't provide Java 7 on Mac. We also already support bundled JRE's on non-Mac platforms.  It's quite likely that launcher logic will need to be different for Mac though. This part definitely sounds like a valid enhancement for our launcher.

John

Back to the top