Re: [eclipse-pmc] 4.2 Bug Hunt Competition

finally catching up with my email...

thanks,
McQ.

Inactive hide details for John Arthorne---2012/03/05 09:11:07---Hi Mike,John Arthorne---2012/03/05 09:11:07---Hi Mike,

John Arthorne/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx, eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx

2012/03/05 09:11

Re: [eclipse-pmc] 4.2 Bug Hunt Competition

Hi Mike,

We discussed this in our last call. I was supposed to follow up with you but was distracted with Orion release and other things last week. We like the idea, but we want to make sure it is organized so the team isn't spammed with a large volume of low quality or duplicate bugs. The idea we liked was to reintroduce the "greatbug" keyword that we used for such a competition in the past. The idea is to reward high quality, non-duplicate bug reports. I believe it was Martin who described it as, "A greatbug is relevant, new, and has a good description that helps understanding/finding the issue; ideally with a patch." How does that sound to you?

John

"Mike Milinkovich" <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/04/2012 10:21 AM

Please respond to
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx; Please respond to
eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
<eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [eclipse-pmc] 4.2 Bug Hunt Competition

So this email thread has left me a little bit confused. Perhaps in your next meeting the PMC could reach a consensus on whether this is helpful, and if so what metrics you want to see rewarded (patches, bug reports, …)?

Thanks.