Re: [eclipse-pmc] 4.2 Bug Hunt Competition

Bug count is OK, but I would like the Platform UI team to publish a list of bugs that they want to have fixed for 4.2. Otherwise the risk is high that the UI team spends time reviewing non-important patches.

Regarding rewards for finding new bugs: I think we already have enough very important open bugs that should be addressed and projects should be enough motivated to test their stuff without getting a price .

Dani

From: Mike Wilson <Mike_Wilson@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Andrew Overholt <overholt@xxxxxxxxxx>, eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx,
Date: 28.02.2012 17:33
Subject: Re: [eclipse-pmc] 4.2 Bug Hunt Competition

How about "largest # of accepted patches during the contest period"?

I think anything that encourages people to contribute would be awesome. Heck, if <# of accepted patches> > 3, I'd even offer them commit rights. :-)

McQ.

Andrew Overholt ---2012/02/28 10:35:51---Hi,

Andrew Overholt <overholt@xxxxxxxxxx>

mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx, eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx

2012/02/28 10:35

Re: [eclipse-pmc] 4.2 Bug Hunt Competition

Hi,

> We EMOers were wondering if there was anything the Foundation could do to help
> drive community help for 4.2 QA. E.g. a bug hunt competition where we promote
> and provide some prizes (iPads or the like).

Sounds like a great idea to me!

It might also be a good way to get people involved in various projects
if we can drive participation there with requests for smoke/manual
testing instructions.  I'm envisioning something like "Hi, I'm new to
<project x> and want to verify things work perfectly with 4.2.  Outside
of running the unit tests, is there a set of steps I can manually run to
verify things are working as expected?"

It's probably also a good idea to keep a wiki page where bug reporters
can list their bugs and maybe a blog entry about what they tested and
found (could be a good substitute for bugs if they can't find any :).

Andrew

[attachment "graycol.gif" deleted by Daniel Megert/Zurich/IBM] [attachment "ecblank.gif" deleted by Daniel Megert/Zurich/IBM]