Re: [eclipse-pmc] PMC members: Vote for new member.

+1!

Dani

From:
Mike Wilson <Mike_Wilson@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:
eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:
18.10.2011 18:09
Subject:
[eclipse-pmc] PMC members: Vote for new member.

PMC,

As you are aware, we have been discussing the need to increase the
community representation on the Eclipse PMC since Jeff McAffer left us. It
is important for us to represent the needs of the whole Eclipse community
-- something that Jeff definitely helped us with.

Over the last couple of weeks, we have been talking about the possibility
of adding Andrew Overholt to the PMC. He has a great community focus and
understands our processes (including builds) by virtue of his interactions
on behalf of the Linux community. In addition, his company, Red Hat,
recently contributed a new resource to work on SWT for GTK 3, who will
hopefully become a new committer on the SWT team.

Since there seems to be agreement amongst ourselves that Andrew would be
an excellent addition, and Andrew himself is keen, I would like to call
for your formal +1's to add Andrew Overholt as a new PMC member.

Thanks,
eclipse-pmc mailing list
eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx