Re: [eclipse-pmc] API Change Approvals

+1, sounds good to me. Should requests be made on eclipse-pmc or directly in bugzilla? Sending the request on the mailing list is best for visibility, but actually flagging the vote in the bug would make them easier to track.

John

Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/24/2011 01:18 AM

Please respond to
eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx

"eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx" <eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[eclipse-pmc] API Change Approvals

On yesterday's PMC call McQ and I discussed how to deal with API change
requests coming in for 3.7 after the API freeze. We came up with the
following rule that will ensure a timely response to the requests:

"A vote lasts 48 hours and there needs to be at least one PMC member
approving the request and no veto from another PMC member. Ideally, the
PMC member closest to the affected code should cast his vote."

Please speak up if this does not work for you.

Dani