Re: [eclipse-pmc] A request to decouple ACL for core components

Having many groups in one project is pain for the Foundation when:

- a committer nomination is made and the requested commit rights consist of a list of CVS directories for which webmaster must look up the group ownership.  This illustrates that the project itself doesn't have a clear grasp of its own group or access list structure.

- we must patch and recompile our Linux kernels to overcome group membership limitations.  Using a different technology (ie, not NFS) may be possible, but migrating away is a pain point for us as well.

Denis