From: eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steve Northover
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 3:55 PM
To: eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [eclipse-pmc] post 3.4.2 builds

For me, the build  would contain fixes that product teams from different companies and different developers felt were needed for a 3.4.3 build (if there was one, but there wasn't).  It would be totally untested.  That's bad but we could say this up front.

1) Consumers of the build would need to be ok with this and I suspect that they would not.  For example, you care about one small bug in JDT but you risk a bunch of unrelated code from SWT that could break your product completely.
2) What people were running in the field would depend on when the build was made.  How could bugs be reported against it or when something breaks, how can we know what the person is actually running?

Back to the top