Re: [eclipse-pmc] UNC paths on the plan

Running on UNC paths is one of those areas where things "rot" if you don't keep testing them. I'm not sure how much UNC testing is done now, but we should probably budget some testing/bug fixing time across all teams.

McQ.

Inactive hide details for Philippe P Mulet ---23/09/2008 04:45:15---Seems like this would be a good idea to budget for it, as pPhilippe P Mulet ---23/09/2008 04:45:15---Seems like this would be a good idea to budget for it, as part of our p2 consolidation for 3.5; at

Philippe P Mulet <philippe_mulet@xxxxxxxxxx>

eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx

23/09/2008 04:45

Re: [eclipse-pmc] UNC paths on the plan

Seems like this would be a good idea to budget for it, as part of our p2 consolidation for 3.5; at least on the principle.
Is there a bug report for it ? (independantly from it being part of 3.5 or not)

Pascal Rapicault <Pascal_Rapicault@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/22/2008 07:38 PM

Please respond to
eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[eclipse-pmc] UNC paths on the plan

During the 3.4 shutdown cycles, limitations around the support of UNC path have been encountered in p2. Because it was late when the issue was discovered and also because we weren't sure that the SDK would be fully functional with the p2 issue fixed, we decided to not act on this until later. Now that we are planning 3.5, I would like to know if running eclipse on a UNC path drive should be added to the plan, as such an effort may require non trivial work / verification across the platform (and potentially across the whole release train).

PaScaL

Compagnie IBM France
Siège Social : Tour Descartes, 2, avenue Gambetta, La Défense 5, 92400 Courbevoie
RCS Nanterre 552 118 465
Forme Sociale : S.A.S.
Capital Social : 542.737.118 euros
SIREN/SIRET : 552 118 465 02430