Re: [eclipse-pmc] Build on the plan

 That is sound great. Thanks Darin

 regards,
 Eugene

Darin Wright wrote:
Hi Eugene,

It is a longer term goal for PDE to support multiple target platforms in the workspace similar to multiple JREs. First we need to design/implement flexible and robust ways to define, manipulate, and share target plaform definitions. Then we need to ensure that an implementation supporting multiple target definitions can perform acceptably (mostly memory footprint issues).

It is our plan to work towards this - but we're not committing to this in 3.5.

Darin

Eugene Kuleshov <eu@xxxxxxxx> Sent by: eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
09/03/2008 11:47 AM
Please respond to
eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx

eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [eclipse-pmc] Build on the plan

Darin Wright wrote:
* Support multiple target platform definitions in the workspace, with one active target platform that workspace projects are compiled against (preference page with check box for active target)
Darin, can you please clarify why use case for specifying target platform per-project is not being considered? Eg. you can specify Java runtime per project, but why not the target platform?

Currently it is really painful to develop code that need to work on more then one version of Eclipse Platform or if it uses conflicting API from non-Platfrom projects, such as Mylyn (which had changed its API 3 times in last year and a half, from 1.0 to 3.0 now).

  Thanks

  Eugene

Back to the top