[eclipse-pmc] Build on the plan

In the 3.4 round build was a big problem. PDE build and the releng builder have evolved over time to handle many subtle and complicated usecases. While it is great that it handles these, the infrastructure has evolved into an unmanageable, brittle and monolithic code mass. Fundamentally it is inhibiting teams from making progress quickly and it is stressing the build and releng teams. Further, as our consuming community grows and diversifies and things like e4 and Equinox blossom, the load on these teams and the technology will only grow. I would like to open the planning discussion around build/releng, getting it on the plan and finding contributors to make it happen.

Jeff

Back to the top