[eclipse-pmc] new API needed to fix critical bugs

GOALS/BENEFITS:
I need to add a new API in SWT in order to fix 228182/222937.
These problem affects Editors in Eclipse on Japanese, Chinese, and Korean
in Win32, GTK, and Carbon.

AFFECTED BUGS:
 https://bugs.eclipse.org/228182
 https://bugs.eclipse.org/222937

RISKS:
very low, only runs on DBCS IME

PERFORMANCE IMPACTS:
none

Description.

We need to add the setter method IME.setCompositionOffset().

The problem happens during the inline input method composition.
When the composition start and current caret offset is saved in the IME
class, in our API this offset is called composition offset.
The only changes the IME expect in the text model during composition are
the changes caused by the composition itself.
The fail happens when the Editor changes the text model during the
composition in a text offset before the composition offset.

The fix is to detect this case and update the IME with the new composition
offset.
To do that we need to add a setCompositionOffset to the IME class.

Regards,
Felipe

Back to the top