RE: [eclipse-pmc] contributed keyword

Yup. We use the "contributed" keyword to help us fill out the IP logs.

For us, a bug is flagged as contributed if it contains a patch (or inline
comment containing a fix), from someone who is not an Eclipse Project
committer, that gets applied (even with edits) against something we ship.
As well, if we believe we are going to apply it at some point, but aren't
going to do it now because we are at the end of a release cycle, for
example, it can still be flagged and the bug left open. I check for this
case when I review the bugs while building our project logs. The milestone
is also helpful here.

In general, the committer who applies the patch should set the keyword, but
in any case, the name of the committer who applies the patch is also
required for the IP process, so the committer generally adds a "patch was
applied" comment to the bug too.

McQ.

             "Mike
             Milinkovich"
             <mike.milinkovich                                          To
             @eclipse.org>             <eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             eclipse-pmc-bounc
             es@xxxxxxxxxxx                                        Subject
                                       RE: [eclipse-pmc] contributed
                                       keyword
             07/06/2007 03:17
             PM

             Please respond to
             mike.milinkovich@
               eclipse.org;
             Please respond to
             eclipse-pmc@eclip
                  se.org

Ummm?.I have no idea what the ?contributed? keyword does. My wild-ass guess
was that it was something the Eclipse project used to auto-generate their
IP log. But I really don?t know.