Re: [eclipse-pmc] contributed keyword

In my understanding there is no partial committer.
You either have commit rights to *any* of the components located in the
Eclipse toplevel project (aka Eclipse SDK) or you don't.

             Eugene Kuleshov
             <eu@xxxxxxxx>
             eclipse-pmc-bounc         eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
             es@xxxxxxxxxxx                                             cc

                                                                   Subject
             07/06/2007 16:50          Re: [eclipse-pmc] contributed
                                       keyword

             Please respond to
             eclipse-pmc@eclip
                  se.org

  How about partial committers? If committer only have partial commit
rights on some project modules. Does his patches to other modules gets
"contributed" keyword?

  regards,
  Eugene

Jerome Lanneluc wrote:
> Now that we know what a non-committer is, can we define what a
contribution
> is ?
>
> Does it include:
>
> 1. a change to a SDK project ?
> Obviously yes :-)
>
> 2. a change to a doc project ?
> In the last arch call, we said yes as well
>
> 3. a change to a test project ?
> I would say yes, but what do you think ?
>
> 4. a change to a web project ?
> I'm not sure about this one, What do you think ?
>
> 5. a change to a non-SDK project (e.g. the releng projects are not
included
> in the SDK) ?
> I would say yes, but what do you think ?
>
> Or should we say that any change committed to the CVS repository related
> the Eclipse Project is a contribution ?
>
> Jerome
>

>              Daniel Megert

>              <daniel_megert@ch

>              .ibm.com>
>              Sent by:                  eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx

>              eclipse-pmc-bounc
cc
>              es@xxxxxxxxxxx            eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx,

>                                        eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Subject
>              06/07/2007 10:47          Re: [eclipse-pmc] contributed

>              AM                        keyword

>              Please respond to

>              eclipse-pmc@eclip

>                   se.org

> Good, this means that inactive commiters don't get the 'contributed'
> keyword as they are still single person commiters on that project.
>
> Dani
>

>              Philippe P Mulet
>              <philippe_mulet@f
>              r.ibm.com>
>              Sent by:                  eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
>              eclipse-pmc-bounc
cc
>              es@xxxxxxxxxxx

Subject
>                                        Re: [eclipse-pmc] contributed
>              07.06.2007 10:45          keyword
>

>              Please respond to
>              eclipse-pmc@eclip
>                   se.org
>

> Who they work for is irrelevant. The important question is:
> "Were they committers to the Eclipse SDK project when they contributed
the
> patch ?"
> If answer is no, then use the "contributed" keyword.
>

>              Daniel Megert
>              <daniel_megert@ch
>              .ibm.com>
>              Sent by:                  eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx