Re: [eclipse-mirrors] New mirror: ftp.acc.umu.se

Hi,

Thanks for becoming an Eclipse mirror. Your mirror will be added to the pool shortly.

Thanks,

Denis

On 11/17/2012 12:45 PM, Niklas Edmundsson wrote:

Greetings,

on request from Swedish users we, The Academic Computer Club of Umeå University, or ACC for short, have started mirroring the entire eclipse.org project.

I know the "Mirror site request" page claims that you have enough mirrors in Europe, but to quote the last user asking for us to mirror eclipse: "There is no mirror in .se, and all the avaliable mirrors are horribly slow".

In Sweden most power users are sitting on 100Mbit or better connections, and expect download speeds to be of that magnitude.

Our file archive mirror have a couple of gigabits to spare [1] [2], and we are happy to provide mirroring for the eclipse project [3].

We have good connectivity through the Swedish university network SUNET, part of the nordic research network NorduNet. This means we have good peering within Sweden, the other nordic countries, and also to the rest of Europe and the US [4].

I have filled in the mirror request form, and our site is now synced up (currently syncing to osuosl.org twice a day).

The preferred access protocol is http, but we provide ftp and rsync access as well. Let me know if you want us to configure a dedicated eclipse rsync instance.

Btw, the download redirect thingie on eclipse.org currently seems broken. For the couple of files I tried to download, it always says "There are no mirrors for this file". For example http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/epp/downloads/release/juno/SR1/eclipse-jee-juno-SR1-win32.zip
which should probably be one of the more common downloads...

[1]
http://ftp.acc.umu.se/about/index.html

[2]
http://www.acc.umu.se/technical/statistics/ftp/monitordata/index.html.en

[3]
http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/eclipse.org/

[4]
http://stats.nordu.net/stat-q/load-map/ndn-map,,traffic,peak

/Nikke - SysAdmin at ACC, Umeå University, Sweden.

Back to the top