Re: [eclipse-mirrors] Eclipse Juno files are in place

I don't have a good explanation at hand about your particular problem, but maybe you want to try

  http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?format=xml&file=/releases/juno/201209280900/

It gives you a listing with all available mirrors that should be taken into consideration by p2. Or you may read this wiki page here that has more detailed information about the mirroring system at eclipse.org:

  http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/p2.mirrorsURL#How_to_test.3F

Thanks,
Markus

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Carsten Otto <otto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 08:41:40AM -0400, Denis Roy wrote:
> >I now want to install the new software. It seems Eclipse only makes use
> >of download.eclipse.org, which is crawling with 20 KByte/sec. Could you
> >point me to some discussion/documentation/anything that explains how I
> >can setup my local Eclipse installations so that my mirror (or any
> >other!) will be used? It seems you only use the mirrors for fresh
> >downloads of Eclipse (which, as I assume, happens not so often).
>
> The catalogs are be pulled from download.eclipse.org only, and they
> contain the list of mirrors.  I don't necessarily agree with this,
> but it is what it is.
>
> Once you have the main catalogs, the plugins for the software you
> install will come from mirrors.

Currently I download "eclipse.platform.doc.isv_[...].jar.pack.gz with
33 KByte/sec from download.eclipse.org.

This contradicts your explanation. Could you clarify?

Carsten Otto           otto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
LuFG Informatik 2      http://verify.rwth-aachen.de/otto/
RWTH Aachen            phone: +49 241 80-21211