Re: [eclipse-mirrors] Eclipse Juno files are in place

I now want to install the new software. It seems Eclipse only makes use
of download.eclipse.org, which is crawling with 20 KByte/sec. Could you
point me to some discussion/documentation/anything that explains how I
can setup my local Eclipse installations so that my mirror (or any
other!) will be used? It seems you only use the mirrors for fresh
downloads of Eclipse (which, as I assume, happens not so often).

The catalogs are be pulled from download.eclipse.org only, and they contain the list of mirrors. I don't necessarily agree with this, but it is what it is.

Once you have the main catalogs, the plugins for the software you install will come from mirrors.

Denis

Back to the top