Re: [eclipse-mirrors] Size of a full Eclipse mirror?

Dear eclipse team,

just a quick intervention from me and ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de.

We mirror directly from download.eclipse.org and currently still have
helios/RC4, galileo/SR1 and galileo/R on our disk.

As far as I understand the logs and the process, every single sync since
you deleted these directories produced some error. This, in itself,
should alarm everyone who is responsible for the master mirror. In my
understanding the idea of a master mirror is something very reliable,
fast and secure. This is clearly not the case for download.eclipse.org
(at least for the aspect of reliability).

After closer inspection, there are some files like
/tools/ajdt/36/update/plugins/org.aspectj.ajde_1.6.9.20100629172100.jar
which produce 'Permission denied'. If you want, I can provide a complete
list.

To sum up, as I just want to throw some information into this
discussion:

'Permission denied' is something that must not happen on a (master)
mirror. Solve this! It is simple to solve this problem once and for all.
This would also solve all the problems I currently see with the mirror.

In general, please make the work of the mirror admins as easy as
possible. This means that rsync (at least on the official mirrors)
should run through without any error, so that the scripts built around
rsync can take care of a clean mirror without any admin intervention.

Best regards,
--
Carsten Otto           otto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
LuFG Informatik 2      http://verify.rwth-aachen.de/otto/