Re: [eclipse-mirrors] When to make an internal mirror?

Hi Jason,

Here are some answers.  I didn't quote your original message since there is a Copyright notice and I'm not a lawyer  =)

I guess when the bandwidth you spend in updates is greater than the bandwidth used to mirror what you need.  I don't know if there is a magic number; perhaps other internal mirror admins can chime in.

At Eclipse, the concept of an Internal mirror is first class.  Our download pages, and the list of mirrors we send to our users performing updates, will not show your internal mirror, so you won't be using your precious bandwidth to serve files to the general public.

Actually, you just tell us what to use as the internal host mask (for instance, *.pdinc.us) and your internal mirror will be shown at the top of the list on our download pages and in the Update manager.

I hope this helps,

Denis

Back to the top