[eclipse-mirrors] Eclipse Europa release, June 29, 2007

Greetings,

Eclipse will be releasing lots of new code next Friday, June 29 2007 at around 9:00am ET. As part of a release we call Europa, this includes new versions of the Eclipse SDK, the CDT, WebTools and 18 other projects.

To help cope with the high demand, we're doing two things:

1. The new files will be available exclusively to our mirror sites starting Thursday, June 28, using the RSYNC protocol. I will send out an e-mail to this list asking you to manually RSYNC from us when all the files have been uploaded from the Eclipse project teams.

2. We're adding an extra 220 megabits of bandwidth to our site so that the entire distribution burden is not placed solely on mirror sites. We'll be testing our added bandwidth Monday, June 25, by simply removing all our mirror sites from the list. Expect a small dip in your bandwidth usage :-)

We'll also ask our friends at iBiblio to prepare torrents. John, as a head's up, I'd like to create torrents for more than just the SDK this time around - I'll ping you directly for this.

Thanks for your continued support for Eclipse!

Denis

--

Eclipse WebMaster - webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx
Questions? Consult the WebMaster FAQ at http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Webmaster_FAQ