[eclipse-mirrors] New top-level directory, RSYNC changes

Greetings mirror maintainers,

We've done a few changes to our mirror setup that you may like to know about.

NEW TOP-LEVEL DIRECTORY
=======================
We created a new top-level directory called "releases" which will contain coordinated release train files so that we don't have to bug you each year to create a new directory. Each year in June we have a new Eclipse release, and a bunch of popular Eclipse projects release simultaneously. Last year was Callisto, this year it's Europa.

For those mirrors who aren't pulling our entire directory tree, I'd like to ask you to add download.eclipse.org/releases to your mirrored content.

EXCLUDED NIGHTLY BUILDS
Some time ago we excluded Nightly builds from being mirrored to you. This has ended up saving us (and you) tons of bandwidth because it was more costly to mirror large nightlies compared to serving the relatively few downloads ourselves. This has also reduced the disk space we use on your servers.

As a result, I've updated the Eclipse Mirror Script [1] so that a Full Mirror is the default. If you'd like to mirror our entire tree (without nightly builds, of course), feel free to update your script. Please send me an e-mail if you decide to do so.

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/eclipse.org-rsync.sh.txt

On behalf of the Eclipse developers and users worldwide, I'd like to thank you for your continued efforts in being an Eclipse mirror.

Denis

--

Eclipse WebMaster - webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx
Questions? Consult the WebMaster FAQ at http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Webmaster_FAQ