Re: [eclipse-mirrors] Two mirrors

Hello Zachary,

Thanks very much for your offer.  Have you had a chance to look at our mirror setup page? http://download.eclipse.org/downloads/mirrors/index.html - I have included the text below as our download server is sometimes swamped <g>.

 If you would like to become an 'official' mirror, we would request that you also mirror the license information... Please let me know if you would like to set up rsync, and your ip address (if you want to).

Thanks

Coreen Tyers

=======================

Eclipse.org mirror sites

Eclipse.org is looking for reliable sites with sufficient bandwidth and stable internet connectivity to provide mirrors of the Eclipse software downloads.  You may also mirror the download site on your internal network.

What are the requirements to become an Eclipse.org mirror?

  • An rsync client.
  • The amount of space you require depends on the type of mirror you are interested in building.
Reccommended Space Current Space Utilized
Full Mirror
50 GB
32 GB
Release Builds Only
5 GB
3 GB
Stable Builds Only
15 GB
10 GB
Integration Builds Only
25 GB
15 GB
Nightly Builds Only
13 GB
8 GB

However, we recommend that you provide room for future expansion.  Eclipse integration and nightly builds are approximately  .75 GB each.

  • We ask that you run rsync at least once a day to to update your mirror.  Rsync updates will proceed more quickly between 10pm and 2am EST, which represents the lowest bandwidth utilization period on eclipse.org servers.
  • You provide the site content without modification
  • Sufficient bandwidth to support the mirror.
How do I start ?
Send an email to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx indicating that you would like to become a mirror.   Please  include the ip address of the your internet facing device that will serve as the rsync client so we can permit you to connect.
Rsync configuration for a full mirror
rsync -rtlv --delete download.eclipse.org::eclipseMirror /local/path/to/mirror

Rsync configuration for a partial mirror
All partial mirrors rsync -tlv --delete download.eclipse.org::eclipseMirror/* /local/path/to/mirror
All partial mirrors rsync -tlv --delete download.eclipse.org::eclipseMirror/eclipse/* /local/path/to/mirror/eclipse
All partial mirrors rsync -tlv --delete download.eclipse.org::eclipseMirror/eclipse/downloads/* /local/path/to/mirror/eclipse/downloads
Release Builds Only rsync -rtlv --delete download.eclipse.org::eclipseMirror/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-* /local/path/to/mirror/eclipse/downloads/drops
Stable Builds Only rsync -rtlv --delete download.eclipse.org::eclipseMirror/eclipse/downloads/drops/S-* /local/path/to/mirror/eclipse/downloads/drops
Integration Builds Only rsync -rtlv --delete download.eclipse.org::eclipseMirror/eclipse/downloads/drops/I-* /local/path/to/mirror/eclipse/downloads/drops
Nightly Builds Only rsync -rtlv --delete download.eclipse.org::eclipseMirror/eclipse/downloads/drops/N-* /local/path/to/mirror/eclipse/downloads/drops

Contact webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx if you require further details.
Apache and ftp server configuration

You can provide both ftp and http access to the Eclipse downloads.   To provide http access to the downloads, we suggest that you run Apache with mod_php support and the following configuration

<Directory /path/to/mirror>
    Options IncludesNoExec FollowSymlinks
</Directory>

Also, you'll need to configure register_globals = on  in /etc/php.ini. For access to the drops via anonymous ftp, the ftp server's top level directory should be configured as /path/to/local/mirror/eclipse/downloads/drops

Once your mirror is ready,  we ask that you send a message to eclipse-mirrors@xxxxxxxxxxx.  We'll provide a link to your mirror!

"Zachary J. Wiggins" <zwiggins@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-mirrors-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/29/2003 07:33 PM