[eclipse-live] A question about getting XML data from DB2 database using ECLIPSE

A question about getting XML data from DB2 database using ECLIPSE

I need to select some data from a table in DB2 using Eclips. The data is of XML type. THE PROBLEM is that when I select it I get it in BINARY.  ( The column in the table has been defined as XML column, so that's ok ).
How can I get that data as XML ( as result of a select statement )?
Is some configuration of some Eclipse parameters necessary?