RE: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] Fw: Declarative UI roundup?

One question on your code: how do you make the difference between property “layout” and child “label”?

yves

From: eclipse-incubator-e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipse-incubator-e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Orme
Sent: jeudi 6 novembre 2008 18:11
To: E4 developer list
Subject: Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] Fw: Declarative UI roundup?

Since I won't ask someone to do something I won't myself do, :-) here's a slightly-enhanced Hello, world in XSWT, eliminating the XML boilerplate and imports:

<layout x:class="gridLayout" numColumns="2"/>
<label text="Hello, world"/>
<text x:style="BORDER">
  <layoutData x:class="gridData"
    horizontalAlignment="FILL"
    grabExcessHorizontalSpace="true"/>
</text>

This is functionally equivalent to:

parent.setLayout(new GridLayout(2, false);
Label label = new Label(parent, SWT.NULL);
label.setText("Hello, world");
Text text = new Text(parent, SWT.BORDER);
text.setLayoutData(new GridData(GridData.FILL_HORIZONTAL | GridData.GRAB_HORIZONTAL));

(This actually translates to:

GridLayout gl = new GridLayout();
gl.numColumns = 2;
parent.setLayout(gl);
Label label = new Label(parent, SWT.NULL);
label.setText("Hello, world");
Text text = new Text(parent, SWT.BORDER);
GridData gd = new GridData();
gd.horizontalAlignment = SWT.FILL;
gd.grabExcessHorizontalSpace=true;
text.setLayoutData(gd);
)

If you could translate this to XAML, Yves, that might be a useful place to begin comparison.

Regards,

Dave