Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] Fw: Declarative UI roundup?

Ed and Angelo,

a) I'd like us to see the biggest spectrum of available technologies
b) Ed is right I think we need a more strongly typed / constrainted
   description language.

As I have understood TK-UI so far it uses XUL to described the UI so
Angelo has a constrainted description language it only misses an
Ecore-Description [1,2].

I don't want to sound like a lawyer but what is the license of XAML, is
it opensource at least it is controled by M$, right?

What I often thought about is that we could have a layered approach here:

XAML    XUL     MXML    MySpecialML
|        |        |          |
------------------------------

             | Transform (XSLT, ....)

           SwtXL => EMF-Modeled SWT-API

       SWT-Application

This is the concept I currently have in mind for my UFaceKit-Project the
only thing I replace there is SWT through UFaceKit and SwtXL through
UFaceKitXL.

I've already tested this approach in a project I had named EXSWT the
only thing missig there was the Ecore-Model for EXSWT [3].

Tom

[1]http://www.mozilla.org/projects/xul/xul.html
[2]http://xulmaker.mozdev.org/xpath-evaluator/no_wrap/xul.xsd
[3]http://tom-eclipse-dev.blogspot.com/2007/06/im-perflexed.html