RE: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] Re: [resources] REST (RepresentationalStateTransfer)

Thanks Gunnar, this helps.

I guess I get the meaning of "stateless" now :-)

> Another example (although not supported by the resource API) are
> transactions. They maintain "user" state, i.e. a user starts a

Hm, so what would that mean for WorkspaceModifyOperation?
Isn't that a transaction in some sense? Also, what does it
mean for the Visitor pattern... isn't that also embedding
client state in some sense? See IResourceProxyVisitor,
IResourceVisitor

> But REST still allows ACID. This may be imported for a

Uh, I'm bad at acronyms... do you mean
  ACID = "Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation and Durability" ?
http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/ACID

So, if transactions are out of reach, how would larger
modifications to a workspace be done but consistency
still be ensured?

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Back to the top