Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] [resources] Resource Folder filters

Hi Serge,

Isn't this just going to be a less flexible bottom-up reimplementation
of your groups + linked resources work?  Do you expect user to change
filters on the fly, or are they only set via your filters extension
point?

Given a choice of both, I'd say VS style groups and linked resources
seem the way forward.  To me it seems better to allow users to
fleixibly pull resources in as they see fit, rather than exclude
resources at the outset.  What happens, for example, if a user were to
accidentally change the filter to *.* would they lose metadata on
existing resources in the workspace?

Doug has mentioned CCRC, and maybe that's the right approach for
adding resources from EFS filesystems.  A user could change to a
Filesystem browser perspective -- much like repository exploring --
and choose to pull in linked resources / groups into their workspace
as they see fit.  Filters could then be implemented at the link /
group creation stage.  The user could enter some set of expressions
for files / folders to filter and the creation dialog could show them
a preview of the tree that will be created in the Workspace.  What do
you think?

Cheers,

James