RE: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] [resources] Java7 / JSR203 and EFS

> The reason it's useful to look at this now is to ensure we don't evolve
> EFS in a way that is fundamentally at odds with java.nio.file, that
> would prevent us adopting it when the time comes.

Yes, that's exactly it.

Interestingly, the basic concepts in JSR 203 and EFS have evolved
very similarly, with EFS shooting at the "least common denominator"
and JSR 203 shooting for extremely broad applicability.

When I noticed that JSR203 had adopted URI as a constructor
parameter for java.nio.file.Path I couldn't help smiling. That seems
just the perfect API boundary in case somebody wants to fiddle
with stuff like ACL's in JSR203 based on Eclipse that uses EFS
for most of its work identifying files.

I'm sure that EFS and JSR203 will work together very nicely.
Thanks for the great work!

[and thanks for pushing back on some requested API changes
as well, I'm understanding better and better why these have no
place in a core API].

Cheers,
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Back to the top