[eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] [resources] Faceted Project Framework, anybody?

Hi E4 Resources team,

I just stumbled across the Nexus Project Proposal [1], which has
a reference to something called "Faceted Project Framework":

   Facility for decomposing Eclipse projects into an extensible set
   of units of functionality (called facets) that can be easily added
   and removed by the user. This is a mature component that currently
   resides in WTP and would benefit the community better by having
   wider exposure.

Sounds like this is something we'd like to have for E4 Resources,
and sounds familiar to the "Application Layer" to Resources, aka
the "Resource Perspectives" that Michael has proposed [2]:

   create arbitrary assemblies of Resources like Workingsets
   or VS projects.

Does anybody have any experience with the Faceted Project
Framework? Does that idea make sense?

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Nexus_Project#Potential_Initial_Projects
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/Resources/Meeting/19-Sep-2008_Kick-off

Cheers,