RE: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] [resources]File systemlayer requirements

> > <http://tech.puredanger.com/java7/#jsr203> looks like it is
> Although this looks (to me) like an interesting/useful addition to
> JSR-51 (i.e. the nio stuff in JRE 1.4), it looks like it might be a
> little while before it's widespread.  Further...I'm not sure

My idea was that we could come up with a beefed up EFS API that
provides access to features provided by JSR203, and learn from
its API decisions (actually some of them are in EFS already,
such as atomic copyTo() / moveTo() operations, or throwing
exceptions rather than returning boolean in case of failure).

Because then we can have multiple implementations of the EFS API --
ranging from most basic ones (based on java.io.File) over medium
versatile ones (based on the current native liblocalfile) upto
a plugin based on Java7, which would likely have more features
but only run on a Java7 JRE only.

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Back to the top