Re: [platform-core-dev] RE: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] Straw man proposal

Oberhuber, Martin wrote:
Hi all,
just few thoughts for discussion based on the Strawman proposal:

   *
      *_Where is alias management (symlinks) going to live?_*
      Right now it's at the resource layer, is it going to be pushed
      down to the filesystem layer?

From what I understand symlink support at the EFS layer is totally different than linked resources (as represented by IResource.isLinked(), etc...), which I assume is what you are referring to.

From the straw man proposal, all IResource would effectively become linked resources, i.e. pointing to any FileStore location. That functionality wouldn't be pushed down to the file system layer.

Serge Beauchamp.