Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] Straw man proposal

When we get to talking about the Application Layer, it's probably worth looking at the ResourceMapping work that Michael Valenta did. This was our first stab at responding to that problem:
http://help.eclipse.org/ganymede/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/team_model.htm

McQ.

Inactive hide details for "Schaefer, Doug" ---02/10/2008 20:19:12---Hey gang,"Schaefer, Doug" ---02/10/2008 20:19:12---Hey gang,

"Schaefer, Doug" <Doug.Schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

<platform-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "E4 developer list" <eclipse-incubator-e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

02/10/2008 20:19

[eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] Straw man proposal

Hey gang,

To feed the discussion for tomorrow's resource meeting, I have put together a straw man proposal for the e4 resource system architecture. I'm sure it has a lot of holes and I'm hoping you'll help me fill them. I could also be totally on the wrong track and maybe there's better answers we can put on the table. But let's discuss.

The proposal is here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/Resources/Strawman

Also at tomorrow's meeting we should discuss if we want to continue our discussions on the platform-core-dev list, or move them to the e4-dev list. My opinion is changing on this. I'd like to get concensus from the team on how we want to do this.

Cheers,
Doug.