Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] today's call

Here are Steve's notes from the call (with minor edits from me, and bolding of action items):

Steve

- SWT/BE for ActionScript is alpha
- how do we ship? no milestones

Eric

- compatibility page - Eric to send pointer to list

Kevin

- e4 talks in London and Poland
- why isn't the model live?

- feedback
- future of RCP
- why not all web apps?

- CSS round up, looked at requirement from Lotus and Innoopract
- TK-UI and XAML based were interesting
- experiment with TK-UI, commit to e4 when legal clears - Kevin to drive the legal process

Boris

- e4 project was created!

Paul Webster

- investigating context
- context == bag of state for command execution

Ed

- declarative discussions happening (not on the list)
- should we move them there? Too early

Pat

- interested in web content in SWT browser

Doug

- had first meeting on resources work area, good debate on mailing list
- next phase is to get concrete
- Doug to create "straw man" proposal

McQ
- how to deal about copies of the code
- ie. compatibility with 3.x
- 2 approaches, copy and hack, keep up to date with 3.x HEAD
- copy at a release or milestone, tag and document so you know where you got it from
- Martin O: "There is a CVS standard way ..."
- Martin to describe this on the mailing list

Topics

1) builds/milestones

- reuse Nick's build work
- our deliverable may end up being a list of patch features
- dowloads page is nightly build results and examples

2) provisioning

a) - decisions on component structure
- /cvsroot/eclipse/e4/ ...?
- access right for everyone
- Marcelo suggests EMF structure
ie standard plugins,features,doc,tests subdirectories under /resources, /ui, etc.

Suggestions
- all components must keep "team project sets" up to date
- each work area gets it's own sandbox (UI, Resources etc.)

b) - assign website update rights

- everyone has rights

c) - download server rights for builds

- Boris and Doug

d) mailing list

- new name: e4-dev
- encourage use of [] tags to enable filtering of e4 list posts

e) Bugzilla

- components are the names from provisioning list

3) Pervasive themes

- talk about that on next call
-

Back to the top