[eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] today's call

There are two topics for today that I know about. Feel free to bring up more.

Topic 1: Project provisioning - see http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project_provisioning_request.php
We need to make decisions on the following:

    • Component structure
    • Initial committers: Website update privileges (all?), Download server privileges (need to pick one or two)
    • mailing list: move to e4-dev?
    • Bugzilla: I am assuming we want a new "Product" called e4, but which components should we create? Suggestion: Core, UI, Resources

Topic 2: Pervasive themes - Martin sent an email to the list but we haven't discussed. Here is an excerpt from Martin's email:

I'm wondering what happened to the pervasive architectural themes
that were identified at the summit:
    • Reducing Bloat
    • Too Many Listeners
    • Becoming More Asynchronous
    • Eclipse Application Model
A lot of people signed up as being interested at the Summit, but who's
actually going to work on these items? And, given that these items are
pervasive across all components, how are we going to communicate
about these things, discuss and share ideas?

Boris

Back to the top