[eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] Skeletal "IDE" app in the repository

A new project, org.eclipse.e4.ui.ide.application, has been checked into the repository. This project (along with it's associated launch config, located in the demos project) will provide a skeletal "IDE" application. Right now, this consists of a navigator (that borrows from the photo app) as well as a text "editor" (that doesn't support saving). This editor is a view at the moment that's driven by selection in the navigator. If anyone would like to help flesh this out, please step forward. Some things we need to think about initially, off the top of my head:

1) rendering handler contributions under parts
2) creating a proper "editor" mechanism that isn't driven by selection and can have multiple instances 3) communicating state from parent parts to sub parts/handlers. This may be a way to inject services into your service locator, this may be something else. Specifically, how do we wire up "save"? 4) add other IDE like views. what do properties/outlines/etc look like in e4? what services/mechanisms do they require?

Back to the top