Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] Problem getting the SWT/Dojo demo to run

Thanks for your help Bogdan, we eventually got it running using GWT
1.4.62, Dojo 1.1.1 and Firefox 2.

Ralf

Bogdan Gheorghe wrote:
> Hi Ralf -
>
> I'm still in the process of getting the example running with GWT 1.5 RC1
> but in the meantime, got the example running under GWT 1.4.62 and Dojo
> 1.1.1 (in Firefox 2.0.0.16 and IE 6). Firefox 3 has problems. Please get
> the latest e4 change from HEAD and follow the wiki instructions - they
> worked for me.
>
> Thanks,
> Bogdan
>

> Ralf Sternberg <rsternberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent by: eclipse-incubator-e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
> 08/09/2008 05:00 AM
> Please respond to
> E4 developer list <eclipse-incubator-e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> E4 developer list <eclipse-incubator-e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] Problem getting the SWT/Dojo     demo    to
> run
>

> Hi Bogdan,
>
> thanks for looking into it. We're waiting for your ok.
>
> Ralf
>
> Bogdan Gheorghe wrote:
>> Hi Ralf -
>>
>> You need not worry about compile errors in the Java code. As long as the
>
>> build file can run without any exceptions
>> from the GWT compiler, you should be fine. Javascript errors, on the
>> other hand, are a real problem.
>>
>> I took a look at the Dojo demo today (with 1.0.2 and GWT 1.4.) and while
>
>> I could get it to compile there are
>> JS errors popping up that were not there before. I'm going to spend some
>
>> time next week getting the demos
>> running again on the latest and greatest releases of both GWT and Dojo.
>> I'll post here and let you know
>> when things are good to go. Sorry about any confusion!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bogdan
>>

>> *Ralf Sternberg <rsternberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>*
>> Sent by: eclipse-incubator-e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> 08/08/2008 07:51 AM
>> Please respond to
>> E4 developer list <eclipse-incubator-e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>>                E4 developer list <eclipse-incubator-e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>> cc
>>
>> Subject
>>                Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] Problem getting the
> SWT/Dojo demo
>>  to        run
>>

>> Hi Bogdan,
>>
>> thanks for your help. Unfortunately, the very same error persists even
>> with dojo 1.0.2. I also have a lot of compile errors in the projects
>> from the swt-e4Set.psf which I guess might cause the Javascript errors.
>>
>> Some errors I could resolve by adding the GWT libs to the build path of
>> org.eclipse.swt.e4 and uncommenting references to a missing swt.effects
>> package, others have something to do with replaced java.lang classes.
>>
>> Are the demo projects currently under construction? If so, we would
>> rather wait until they work again.
>>
>> Thanks, Ralf
>>
>> Bogdan Gheorghe wrote:
> [...]

Dipl.-Inform. Ralf Sternberg
Innoopract Informationssysteme GmbH
rsternberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel: 0721 - 66 47 33 - 0
Fax: 0721 - 66 47 33 29

Innoopract Informationssysteme GmbH
Stephanienstrasse 20, 76133 Karlsruhe Germany
General Manager: Jochen Krause
Registered Office: Karlsruhe, Commercial Register Mannheim HRB 107883

www.innoopract.com

Back to the top