[eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] "Remote workspaces" on E4 Project Proposal?

Hi all,

I just looked into the http://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/Project_Proposal#Scope
and found something titled "Remote workspaces".

Does anybody have any more details about what this might mean,
and who would be caring for it?

It could involve a whole lot of very different subitems, like
  • What about the Workspace when E4 is running as client/server app?
  • What about synchronous access and high latency in EFS-shared remote resources?
  • What about "linking" remote resources rather than "including" them in order to optimize refresh on slow remote parts of the workspace?
  • What about access control and monitoring change in remote workspaces?
  • Should a notion of "Shadowing", or caching remote resources with a local copy be part of the Platform?
The answer to my question above likely plays a role in planning the
Flexible Resource theme, and in case there is no clear owner I'd
be in favor of getting rid of the Theme from the Scope.

http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Back to the top