[eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] 3.X API and e4

As we begin to implement e4 in ernest (we're doing that soon, right? right? :) it would be helpful to have an understanding of what APIs we currently expose in 3.X and what their applicability in the brave new e4 world might be. With that in mind, I've created http://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/3X_API_Survey to serve as a birds eye view of our existing API. As we work on e4, some of these will no doubt become deprecated or broken in some capacity and having a page that expresses their condition would be helpful. The eventual output of such a page is the porting guide.

I've only enumerated the org.eclipse.ui (and ui.workbench) plugins and even then they're only really a skeleton - the observations I've made, while being consistent with the outcome of the summit, are only there as a placeholder. Additional input from interested parties would be welcome. Having sections for PDE, Equinox, runtime, resources, and whatever other plug-ins we're dragging into the e4 would be good as well.

Back to the top