Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] A change of topic... for those who love plug-ins

Chris, I like it, I like it !

Hopefully through the 'modeling' exercise we'll be able to give a simpler API through which you can define the Extension Point's structure rather than using the existing API as you have below...EP's all have a known structure, defined by their '.exsd' file, but I'm not sure that we have corresponding programmatic API for all of them.

I like the approach though. Does this style force the plugin to load eagerly (in order to get the factory) ?

Onwards,
Eric

c) the _javascript_ExtensionFactory evaluates the _javascript_ file (perspective.js)
function createInitialLayout(layout)
{
     // Print out to the java console
     Packages.java.lang.System.out.println("_javascript_ coding is crazy");
     layout.addStandaloneView(layout.ID_RES_NAV, true, layout.LEFT, 0.2, layout.ID_EDITOR_AREA);
}

Back to the top