RE: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] Agenda for the e4 Summit

That's a great point John. This will play on how big a venue we need as well. We really need to highlight that this is intended to be a working event for potential contributors. If we get as many people that attended the e4 talk at EclipseCon, then I don't think that'll serve us well.

Doug.

From: eclipse-incubator-e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipse-incubator-e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Arthorne
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 2:14 PM
To: E4 developer list
Subject: Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] Agenda for the e4 Summit

Yep, makes sense. It's important to emphasize to all participants, that with this format you will get out of the summit in proportion to what you put into it.  If you show up with no topics and no concrete ideas, then you will likely end up just listening to discussions that don't interest you and give you little value in the end. If you show up with a good idea of what areas interest you and what you want to focus on, you can steer the topics accordingly and get a lot more out of it.

John

eclipse-incubator-e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 04/11/2008 02:07:06 PM:

> Hi John,
>
> This makes sense to me.  The summit should be dynamic.  When Boris
> and I discussed it my comment was just that I wanted to ensure we
> all had done some mental prep work before arriving so that we could
> get the most out of our time together.  Thus its good if we have a
> rough plan of topic areas and who is interested.  But then, since an
> important output of the summit *is* to decide what the topic areas
> are and who is interested, we should expect this to solidify from
> our discussions there.
>
> You know, I just don't want us to all to show up and go, "So...
> what's happening?" :)
>
> Kevin

Back to the top