Re: EMF backed Workbench (Was Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] Initial discussion on the 'modelled' workbench UI)

Hi,

I'm *not* done and my implementation is not working like yours at the moment but now we have a foundation where I can ask: Eric why is this like it is, is this right or does it only work by chance, ... . We *all* have a chance to the debug (because you guys know a lot more about the platform-internals I ever want to know) until the EMF thing I have written behaves the *same* than your first prototype.

The next things I need to fix are:
- Why the hell are the workbench views colored so beautiful and have
  a Label below them?
- Why is my contributed view not shown (although createPartControl() is
  called)
- ....

I must have done something different but because debugging such a generic model like yours is fairly though I think I need your help.

So before finding the middle we should concentrate to make my implementation run as it should run. I want my "package explore" to be as nicely colored as McQs at EclipseCon (What was this nice color he used :-)

Tom

Eric Moffatt schrieb:

I echo Kevin's "Thanks Tom !!" This is valuable input to the decision process; now that we have both ends we can start finding the middle...;-).

Onwards,
Eric

*Kevin McGuire/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA*
Sent by: eclipse-incubator-e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/09/2008 06:19 PM
Please respond to
E4 developer list <eclipse-incubator-e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

	E4 developer list <eclipse-incubator-e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: EMF backed Workbench (Was Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] Initial discussion on the 'modelled' workbench UI)

Cool! Nice Tom!

And come next week the all mighty process will provide you your commit rights so we don't need to do it as a bug attachment (I think its one week for voting to complete) :>

Kevin

tom schindl                               leiter softwareentwicklung/CSO
eduard-bodem-gasse 8/3    A-6020 innsbruck      phone    ++43 512 935834

Back to the top