Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] Initial discussion onthe'modelled'workbenchUI

Hi,

In my current EricToTom-Transformation I've modeled it currently like this:

EPresentationModelElement                  EStyle
   ^                                        ^ ^
   |                                        | |
   -----------------------------------------| |
                  |                           |
                  |                           |
            EGUIElement x------------> EStyleClass
                                  0..1

Tom

Yves YANG schrieb:
public class UIElement {
   private Style style;

   private class WrappedStyle extends Style {
       private HashMap ownMap = new HashMap();

       private WrappedStyle(Style style) {
           this.style = style;
       }

       public String get(String name) {
          if( ownMap.contains(name) ) {
             return ownMap.get(name);
          }
       }

       public void set(String name, String value) {
          ownMap.put(name,value);
       }
   }

   // Allows reading without the need to wrap
   public String getStyleAttribute(String name) {
       return style.get(name)
   }

   public String setStyleAttribute(String name, String value) {
       getStyle().set(name,value);
   }

   public Style getStyle() {
       if( !( style instanceof WrappedStyle ) ) {
           this.style = new WrappedStyle(this.style);
       }

       return style;
   }
}

In general, we have the same idea.
Here is what I suggest:
public class UIElement {
    private Style style;
    private HashMap ownMap = new HashMap();

    // Allows reading without the need to wrap
    public Object getValue(String name) {
	  if (ownMap.containsKey(name)) {
		return ownMap.get(name);
	  }
	  return getDefaultValue(name);
    }

    protected Object getDefaultValue (String name) {
	  if (style != null) {
		return style.get(name);
	  }
	  return null;
    }
public Object getLocalValue(String name) {
       return ownMap.get(name);
    }

    public boolean hasLocalValue(String name) {
       return ownMap.containsKey(name);
    }
    public void unsetValue(String name) {
       ownMap.remove(name);
    }

    public void setValue(String name, Object value) {
        ownMap.set(name, value);
    }

    public Style getStyle() {
        return style;