[eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] Playing Nicely

Given that we have started the process of bringing in new committers and momentum is growing it's probably time we laid down some very simple rules for the incubator.

How about the following rules for the sandbox:
* don't kick over other peoples castles. We're all really excited to be working in this brand new codebase but we must be aware that others are playing here as well, experimenting with their own ideas. If you want to make changes to code that's already in the incubator please contact the original (or most recent or most prolific) authors and make a posting to the e4 mailing letting people know what you're up to. In other words, play nice.

* sand is for playing with, not peeing in. We must abide by the Eclipse process. All e4 committers should acquaint themselves with the Eclipse process documents (http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/index-quick.php ). Particular care should be taken that large existing code libraries not be submitted to the incubator without first going through the IP process.

I've created a skeletal e4 Committers page at the Eclipse wiki (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_4.0/Committer_Resources ) containing this text. Please feel free to augment and add any content as you see fit.

Back to the top