Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] Initial discussion onthe'modelled'workbench UI

It would be a radical change, but you may want to consider making all events asynchronous. This would have solved many problems in our old API, but was never doable in a backwards compatible way.  Asynchronous event notification to clients offers lots of advantages - reduced deadlock, increased responsiveness, etc. If the UI model can be manipulated in any thread, then you may be able to keep client code out of the UI thread entirely!

John

eclipse-incubator-e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 04/07/2008 06:02:37 AM:

> Hi all,
>
> one more thing I think we need to discuss is whether we really want to
> allow any arbitary plugin register as a listener on our model.
>
> This has the drawback that if one missbehaving listener is added to our
> model everybody is blocked! In a Plugin-Env where we don't control them
> this a dangerous thing, not?
>
> Wouldn't it be wiser to decouple this using a Message-Bus-Pattern? What
> do you think?

Back to the top