Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] RE: Committer nomination for Tom Schindl

Boris,

I'd like to be an e4 committer too!   To begin with, I'd like to help with
this new model exploration work.   I can imagine all kinds of things we
might want to bring to the platform that relate to modeling.  For example,
I've already been prototyping things like EMF for eRCP and RAP.  I could
imagine that we might want to take the work I've done with EMF 2.2 to
enable eRCP/Foundation 1.1 and perhaps work towards an ultra light weight
(pruned-down) version of the EMF 2.2 runtime that would still be binary
compatible with the Java 5.0-exploiting version of the evolving 2.x stream.
I'd like to explore all the cool things that are possible when you bring
data binding and data modeling together.   I'm just full of ideas, but I'd
better turn the fire hose off...  Do I need to mention that I have a proven
track record? :-P

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3265  (t/l 313)

             Boris
             Bokowski/Ottawa/I
             BM@IBMCA                                                   To
             Sent by:                  E4 developer list
             eclipse-incubator         <eclipse-incubator-e4-dev@eclipse.o
             -e4-dev-bounces@e         rg>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             04/05/2008 12:24          [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] RE:
             PM                        Committer nomination for Tom
                                       Schindl

             Please respond to
             E4 developer list
             <eclipse-incubato
             r-e4-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Just in case this could be misunderstood - if others are interested in
working with us on e4, I would also nominate them as committers in the same
way that I nominated Tom.  Being a committer on the Platform project is not
a prerequisite. ;-)

Writing to the mailing list about what you would like to do *is* a
prerequisite, though.

Boris

eclipse-incubator-e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 04/05/2008 11:09:07
AM: