[eclipse-dev] Draft of OSGi R7 CDI Specification

(Note this message is cross-posted to several select lists.)

Hello everyone,

I wanted to announce the very first public draft of the new OSGi Enterprise R7 CDI Integration Specification (Chapter 152) [1].

This specification, obviously, intends to bring CDI to OSGi so that one complements the other.

CDI is of particular importance in Java because of its increasingly intrinsic nature (just look at MicroProfile and beyond.)

OSGi CDI Integration builds from all the knowledge that has been gained through earlier OSGi excursions into DI and IoC like blueprint [2] and Declarative Services [3] along with CDI's powerful SPI and widely recognized feature set to provide an uncompromising set of essential features.

I would highly appreciate your feedback so we can take int into account before the spec goes final.

Sincerely,
- Ray

[1] https://osgi.org/download/osgi.enterprise-7.0.0-early-draft-2018-06.pdf
[2] https://osgi.org/specification/osgi.cmpn/7.0.0/service.blueprint.html